Employment Law Solicitors Near Me
We spend a large part of our lives at work and it is an important part of who we are. It gives us the we need money to live on, the chance to build a career and contributes to our own sense of wellbeing and our place in the world. We all deserve to be treated in a civil way and have our employment rights respected, whether we’re just starting out or getting near to retirement.
Finding a local employment law solicitor when things go wrong is important. At Forster Dean, we have the experienced teams on hand who can help when you most need it. We understand that each case is different and tailoring legal advice to meet individual needs is important. We have offices in Widnes, St Helens, Crewe, Ellesmere Port and Runcorn but offer our legal services across the whole of the UK.
Some of the employment law issues that we can help with include:
- Disciplinary Action: The company you work for may have decided to take disciplinary action against you which can impact not only on your current work conditions but your future career prospects. If you think you are being unfairly treated, it helps to have the advice of a employment law team.
- Employment Tribunals: Going to a tribunal to state your case can be a daunting prospect, no matter how much you think you’ve been wronged. At Forster Dean, we’ll be with you every step of the way and you’ll know that someone with experience is on your side.
- Issues with Health and Safety: Your workplace has a responsibility to provide a safe and secure place for you to carry out their business, whether that’s working in an office or on a warehouse floor. If you’re concerned about health and safety issues, it’s important to seek advice from a local solicitor.
- Getting Equal Pay: Pay gaps have been in the news a lot over the last few years. You have the right to be paid the same as someone who is doing a similar job. Getting advice from an employment law solicitor is vital if you want to see where you stand.
- Discrimination at Work: Being discriminated on the basis of your sex, ethnicity, age or even your religious preferences is illegal but more common in the workplace than many of us think. If you believe you have or are being discriminated against, contact the team at Forster Dean for advice and help.
- Being Harassed at Work: Most of us want to enjoy our time at work but it’s difficult if we’re being harassed or bullied. While this can happen for a number of reasons, you shouldn’t have to put up with it.
- Unfair Dismissal: If you feel that you have been sacked from your job or dismissed unfairly, you may be able to make a claim for compensation.
- Redundancy: Whether you’ve accepted redundancy or are facing it and want to know your rights, it always helps to get advice from a local employment law solicitors.
- Contract Issues: Contracts can be difficult to understand and are often violated by employers. We can advise and act on disputes including for zero hours contracts.
- Holiday Pay Entitlement: Almost all workers are eligible for holiday pay. If your employer is withholding or not paying you your right entitlement, it may be time to seek legal advice.
If you need help regarding anything to do with employment law, contact Forster Dean today on 0808 274 0822.