Buying or selling a property is probably one of the most stressful things many of us will have to cope with during our adult lives. Whether you are buying a new home, selling a business property, looking to re-mortgage or are a buy to let landlord setting up a portfolio, getting the right conveyancing solicitor to do the legal work is important.
As anyone who has bought a property will tell you, this can be a pretty complicated area of law. While there are some people who look to do their own conveyancing in order to save money, this can all too often be a false economy.
Get things wrong and you are likely to find yourself out of pocket or, even worse, facing legal action because you missed something along the way.
Conveyancing is a fairly archaic processes and there are a lot of different strands to it. Using a solicitor who is professionally qualified and experienced in your area takes the stress out buying or selling a property and ensures that all the legal documentation, searches and the like are considered properly.
Where to Find a Conveyancing Solicitor in St Helens
The first thing you want when choosing a conveyancing solicitor is to know that they have your best interests at heart and have the relevant experience and qualifications. Conveyancing is a niche area of law and one that is often complicated and nuanced. It pays to choose someone local who knows the area and already has an idea of potential issues.
A conveyancing solicitor will complete a number of different legal tasks:
- They’ll carry out property searches and surveys to make sure there’s nothing hidden in the background that may affect your purchase such as flood risks, whether a motorway is going to be built nearby or if you house is on contaminated ground.
- Their work will also include things like checking the title registry to make sure that it’s owned by the seller.
- They help take you through the numerous forms relating to buying or selling a property and ensure that the various steps are carried out on time. They’ll also go through your mortgage offer and clearly explain the conditions that apply to this.
- They’ll handle the signing and exchange of contracts and completion on the property.
- Conveyancing solicitors are also covered by indemnity insurance so you can be sure, in the event something does go wrong, you are better placed to seek compensation.
It’s important to make sure that your St Helen’s conveyancing solicitor is experienced and qualified to carry out these vital tasks. At Forster Dean, we have the team on site who know what they are doing and understand the local area well. They’ll be able to guide you through the whole conveyancing process and ensure that everything is addressed before you get to the completion and exchange of contracts.
Our aim is to help take the stress out of the buying or selling process for our clients. You’ll find our a straightforward, no-nonsense approach refreshing and we’ll get everything across in plain English, with little if none legal jargon. If there are problems revealed by searches or surveys, for instance, we’ll be able to talk you through what to do next.
It’s important to have an independent legal team to call on once you decide on your property in St Helens. Whether you’re buying a home or commercial premises or something else like buy to let property, it’s certainly comforting to have an expert legal team on your side at all times.
If you are purchasing a property in St Helens and need a conveyancing solicitor with a great track record, contact the team at Forster Dean today.